Updated 9:10 p., December 5, 2019
This afternoon, Victims News Online received a request for assistance from the father of a baby reportedly abducted from a county park in Maryland.
Over the past several hours, more than 1,000 private investigators nationwide have been working to confirm this story, as information kept changing. However, there was one thing of which we were certain the entire time: Connor Matthew Weber, age 15 months old, does exist.
Due to the fact that the baby’s identity and existence were verified early on, Victims News Online chose to err on the side of caution for the baby and run with the story, while working with the private investigator community, local media and law enforcement to determine if there had been an abduction.
This evening, Victims News Online spoke with a representative of the Baltimore County Police Department and were told that this appears to be a hoax. The official, who was not authorized to speak on the record, told VNO there have been no reports of a baby abducted today, and no AMBER Alerts are currently active in the state of Maryland.
On behalf of Victims News Online and our entire staff, we appreciate the quick response from our readers and partners to share Connor’s photo. At this time, we are uncertain as to how this situation will unfold, but will continue to update as information becomes available.
Publisher/Editor-in-Chief, Victims News Online